The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Its time to be serious about Moslems

Quick post today because I am under a deadline here. The right(in a which I am member of) has some faults. This ranting against all moslems is one of them. What I see on the web is very distressing to me. Also it disturbs me because it is so damn uneducated. That annoys me in this day where information is so available. I have no pie in the sky view of the Islamic world. I know currently there are major problems. Also as a Catholic, I come from a faith that has dealt with Islam since the beginning. Trust me, when as a Catholic you value the desert fathers, and the works of Augustine it is sad to see that ancient land of our Christianity gone.

The needs to be dialouge. It appears we want moslems to assimilate but wqe shoot down any true discussion in the blogsphere. Too many sterotypes.

If there is one person to put on your blog list or favorite links its this conservative Republican lady. Please visit Smart and Final Isis. First read her post Isis’ Guide to Sensible Islam Posting. Good stuff. She is trying to start serious dialouge between moderate Muslims and the rest of the world. There has been far too little of that. Which is amazing in this world of the blogs and the internet. ANother example of how we retreat to our echo chambers. Anywho till tonight




Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!