The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A look around my Blogroll

Since I have been absent a couple of days on my Mississippi adventure, this is sort of expanded Blogroll post.

The Pink Flamingo has a couple of good post as usual. The Flamingo talks about the idiotic world we live in when some people call Sen Lindsey Graham of South Carolina too moderate. Graham is a Conservative with a big ole C. She has a good defense of the good Senator. If I were certain folks I would be careful about this needless bashing of the good Senator from South Carolina. This man is going places and one day I believe could be on the ticket. Also check out her post here where among other things she talks about Hannity's treatment of Tony Snow. You know I don't really dislike Sean Hannity but lets be honest what he is. He is someone playing to a particular demographic and telling them what they want to hear. I suppose I was most disappointed with him after the Dubai Port deal. After that episode I realized that he was not a great source to get all viewpoints that are competing for attention in the conservative world.

Called As Seen had a couple of post I wish to highlight. First he has a link to all this ABC mini series stuff. I have to admit since I was busy on job interviews and treking over 16 miles on foot in the Vicksburg civil war park I am just catching up on this. Right now I can't imagine the reaction if Karl Rove had sent a similar letter that the Dems have. He also has a good post discussing a recent Townhall piece on how some social conservative hardliners have been rejected in the GOP primaries. I have mixed feelings about this and I feel the issue is a tad more complicated than the pundits let on. Conservatives might need to be careful thinking that social and religious conservatives are the big problem with the GOP right now. In fact they seem to be the only group that is not constantly bitching all the time. I might do a post expanding on this later this week.

A big Congrats to Conservative Cajun and his entry into the printed word. He will be appearing in the Lafayette paper it appears on a regular basis

The Anchoress has some great posts as usual. First she has a ton of great quotes from one my favorite Catholic Author Chesterston. I think Chesterton should be required reading in some of our Universities. Here are just a few quotes:
Those who complain of our creeds as elaborate often forget that the elaborate Western creeds have produced the elaborate Western constitutions; and that they are elaborate because they are emanicpated.- The New Jerusalem

The Declaration of Independence dogmatically bases all rights on the fact that God created all men equal; and it is right; for if they were not created equal, they were certainly evolved unequal. There is no basis for democracy except in a dogma about the divine origin of man.- What I Saw in America

People will tell you that theology became too elaborate because it was dead. Believe me, if it had been dead it would never have become too elaborate; it is only the live tree that grows too many branches.- Tremendous Trifles.

and my favorite
The man who is content to say “We do not want theologians splitting hairs,” will doubtless be content to go on and say, “We do not want surgeons splitting filaments more delicate than hairs.” It is the fact that many a man would be dead today, if his doctors had not debated the fine shades about doctoring. It is also the fact that European civilization would be dead today, if its doctors of divinity had not debated fine shades about doctrine.- The Resurrection of Rome.
Go check out the rest. Also she hit on the ABC controversery as well. In this post she goes back and reminds us of what the Dems were saying then about the controversal Reagan mini series. She has other post on her blog about this issue also that I intend to read after all the games are finished up tonight.

If you are Catholic, I urge you to visit Cor ad Cor Loquitur blog from time to time. It is one of the best Catholic and Christian Apologetic blogs on the web. He has two nice quick post on the issues of "Is the Catholic Church the Enemy of the Bible?" and "Does the Catholic Church thinks its superior to the Bible and its Creator?"

The Strata Sphere blog has several post that should be read. First some good news in that Penn Senate Race. I have been very worried about the Santorum race and the poll he reports on is very good news. If the Repubs can keep this seat it means good things for the Fall I think. HE has some more good news here.

By the way I am watching the Notre Dame Game and its the Half- I think Notre Dame is for real this year

Caucus Cooler has a link to a good story about Gov Huckabee who is of course running for Prez. I keep telling people this man is someone to watch. Especially since the Allen implosion a few weeks ago.

The Hedgehog blog is talking about his frustration that the idiot Michael Savage is replacing Hugh Hewitt on the radio time slot in Salt Lake City. Sorry if your a Savage fan but I am not. Conservative discourse is not helped by the likes of that man.








Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ Reidhead said...

Thanks for the kudos. Have missed your postings these past couple of days.

I agree about Hannity. I don't dislike him, but I think he's been sucked into this whole extreme conservative mess. My biggest complaint is he is a Third Party person. At least he finally admitted it.

Glad to see you are back!

The Pink Flamingo

7:21 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks for the congrats. My op/eds being published will only be for a 6 month period, once every 3 Fridays, but there's a chance that after the 6 mo. period, I can be asked back on for a longer term.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!