The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Welcome To My Blogroll(A Louisiana Flavor)

Well time to add a few people to my blogroll again. This will have a very Louisiana flavor this morning. Even thought the one from Central Louisiana will have a appeal to all the Anglican folk that might come by my little ole blog. I also feel a need especially with the political season now reaching high gear to make sure that the Louisiana folks are more geographically balanced.

First let me give an shout out to a very excellent blog in Shreveport Louisiana. I decided that it was time to add a couple of more bloggers ,besides me from Northwest Louisiana, and this blog is at the top of the list. So let me introduce Marshal Fannin. He covers the Shreveport /Bossier area plus has a lot of scoop on the media here. Fun Blog . I shall be referencing this blog quite a bit especially as to this bizaree Shreveports mayor's race we got going on up here. I predict it will be in the top 3 of the most expensive races in the State.

One other blogger from Shreveport. This blog has some state wide following. Let me introduce Between The Lines. This blog is form Dr Sadow, who is a political Science professor at LSU-SHREVEPORT. He not only talks politcal stuff about North Louisiana but has some insight on things going on around the State.

I am adding another blog from Central Louisiana. This blog though will have a certain nationwide appeal to the Episcopal Crowd. This blog is Drell's Descant's from Alexandria. I have mentioned before I swam the Tiber and converted to the Holy Mother Church , I stuck my foot in the river Thames for a while. I have been following his blog for a while. He is very involved in the current trauma in the Episcopal Chruch is experiencing. Also I might add, I think his blog will be enjoyable to the wider Christian audience. So Mr Drell welcome to my my Papist blog. Note he is also involved in the Karios ministry , a ministry that is one of the greatest contributions we have in the Christian Church.

Ok. let me say I am big need of some NorthEast Louisiana blogs. This area of the State is just waiting to be exploited by a good blog. For instance a blog from Lake Providence, Louisiana would have like a thousand hits a day just so people could keep up with monkeyshines that occur there on a weekly basis. I ran across a good blog from the Columbia area that I am trying to located again. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Now to Baton Rouge and particually LSU related matters. This blog roots for LSU and Louisiana Tech. We shall be adding a Tech related fan site next week. Indian High in Monroe and the Former University of Slow Learners(now ULL need not apply) Two good blogs that are LSU related. One is LSUnpredictable that in its own words gives us your not so "expertly" daily allowance of sports. Also one more blog I enjoy and that is Tigersmack.com. Both have enjoyable articles and post. Why we are the subject of Baton Rouge , I find it kinda of suprising that I haveing troubl finding a good politcal blog down there. You would think that some someone that worked in the Baton Rouge would be blogging about what Legislators were reallying doing down their. Real gossip stuff. But I am on the look out still. Anyway from Baton Rouge let me give you a very good blog that tackles State wide matters next.

That blog is Emily Metzgar. She writes for the Shreveport Times as well as beng a Doctorial Student at the Manship School of Journalism in Baton Rouge. Pretty good columns and she has an interesting resume.

Last but not least a very fine blog I discovered this week. That is A View From The Evil Center from St Tammany Parish. I have been looking for a Blog around that area and this one seems to fit the spot. I have enjoyed reading through his past archives.

Well, that is about it for today. Again if people have suggestion on Louisiana blogs let me know. Again I really need some bloggers from the Florida Parishes, NorthEast Lousiana, Jefferson Parish, and especially from the Houma area. I also need another good blog from the Lake Charles/Calcasieu area. Further any CONSERVATIVE friendly blogs from New Orleans would be nice. There are some good liberal blogs there. I want to add some but before I add any more blogs from the Daily Kos-New Orleans Chapter , I want to balance then out and least get a blog that is represent the correct conservative view. Also interested in Catholic oriented Louisiana blogs.

The above blogs will be added today to blog rolling. Up next what is happening on blogroll and some other interesting links.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dangle 24-7 said...

Thanks JH,

I really do wish you would have given your readers more of a "heads up" about me. Just my luck, the first time they click the link, they will see a "farting preacher"! Or, they may see an absolute cry out for some common sense on how to catch a murderer. Perhaps it may be something as boring as patting some volunteers on he back for spending their spring break gutting out houses in New Orleans.

I have received hate mail from conservatives, I have received hate mail from liberals and I have even sent myself hate mail after finding myself posting something completely tasteless. (Much of that has come from the "we need a break down here so let's laugh a little" perspective.)

Anyway, again, thanks for the link the compliment, the attention and all the other things my wife denies me.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

University of Slow Learners? Is that what they call a school that has one of the best engineering and computer science programs in the nations, accomplishing that while having a shitty budget?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Pondering American said...

Nick
Oh I couldnt resist. I shouldnt take out the grief LA Tech has been getting lately on ULL lol. I lnow we are often in the same boat

3:54 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I just have alot of pride in my school. I had plans to go to Texas A&M and join the Corps of Cadets there but decided that I wanted to run track in college and be a college athlete, and if I was going to do that, I wanted to do it for my hometown school. The pompus LSU people are the ones who really give me the red ass with boils. They'll put down ULL every chance they get, especially their athletics, yet 99% of them have no idea what it's like to be a college athlete b/c they're just wannabes.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!