The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Some Anglicans Want to Get rid of Bishop Polk it Seems

Drell's Descants has the scoop on all this silliness. I think the comment section is worth a look at as to this nonsense. If we get rid of and denounce Civil War Bishop and General Polk then Washington and Jefferson will be next. I added my two cents in the comment section. But I felt this comment really hit the nail on the head.
I think it was CS Lewis (Problem of Pain or Mere Christianity) who warned us not to think too much of our modern accomplishments and then think of those of the Middle Ages as violent, cruel and barbaric. Their sins may be trivial compared to our lack of courage, our craven devotion to comfort and things, and our vast pride in our own accomplishments. Chronological chauvinism at work.


Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!