The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

NBC Nightly News In St Louis

Well, I am watching and so far no interview of the Blogmeister of the Council of Conservative Citizens St Louis. Not even a expose of the Vatican of the extreme paleoconservative movement? Whats up with that Blogmeister? Perhaps next time. Maybe even yalls National Convention. All they talked about was how if a person gives an illegal alien shelter in this town of Vally something or the other south of St Louis you are going to get fined.

Question-
You see a family without shelter with kids.They are illegal or are mixed in legal/illegal status. Maybe even American kids because they were born here. Might not like Birthright citizenship but it is the law of the land now. So you see them suffering? Lets say you know them and in fact they have attended your Church well you fellowship together. Do you take them in for a couple of nights ? Does it matter if the elements outside are really bad? I realize no Christian can change the World or has to take in everyone. But perhaps some of us are going to have to decide if there is a higher law in certain indivdual cases. Even if we get prosecuted for it if we decide it is. Tough questions and I am not sure I know all the answers. I am hoping we are not put in a position to find out how we would act. Some people will view it as the Law is the Law. Some others will view it in terms of people who hid fugative slaves even though it is against the law. I don't advocate breaking the law. But again does a higher law in individual cases come into play? Tough questions.

Shall the next few years be the new era of Dred Scott? We shall see. Just thoughts I had as I was watching that show.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

If I know a person asking for shelter is illegal but he/she has children, I would help out. I would also contact immigration enforcement. I do feel sorry for the children, and they would be the only reason I'd try to help the illegal. However, his/her children are NOT my responsibility or the responsibility of other legal, taxpaying residents of the U.S. Go home and come here LEGALLY.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Pondering American said...

True, Well I am hoping that we get some solution to where it doesnt come to that. But even if lets say the comprehensive approach I want passes there will still be many hard cases. OF course with the way things are going the whole thing may be moot if the Dems take back the house

11:34 PM  
Blogger SJ Reidhead said...

You know, as much as I think the idea of giving this woman shelter is a good idea, I was reading today that maybe, instead of giving her shelter to be here working illegally they ought to take up a collection and help her become a stay-at-home mom!

Can't argue with that logic, as much as I wish I could.

The Pink Flamingo

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!