The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

PawPaw's House

PawPaw's House

Good Grief. PawPaw ,one my Louisiana bloggers, tells us of Cindy Sheehans contribution for the 4th of July. It has been nice that she has been out of the news lately. I wonder if the anti war folks are getting tired or are we going to be treated to Cindy Sheehan's Presidental Vacation part II this Summer

Btw if you look down his page he says a prayer for our troops and mentions the Battle Hymm of the Republic. I share his love for that song. I love the few times I get to sing in it Church. I have already put in a request for it for next 4th of July for it at Mass. It is so inspiring. I can still remember it being sung at the National Cathedral after 9/11. I like the old fashion version. Damn it "as we die to make free" is the line not "as we live to make me free". Why do some people want to change it? Do they even no the history of that song. Aren't people dying and have died to make men free. I just don't get it

Anyhow its now the 4th according to my clock so here is the Battle Hymm of the Republic (Music here) and a prayer Paw Paw made. If you like it leave him a comment. He has some other pretty good thoughts too. I am going to pray it tonight

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
His day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
“As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal”;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
Since God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free;
[originally …let us die to make men free]
While God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honor to the brave;
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.


Oh Lord, my friend.
Look after the warriors who wear the flag of our nation so that they may go about your work, freeing an enslaved people. Grant them your mercy and your succor so that they might know your peace. Keep them close to your bosom and safe in your word so that they might return safely to their families and loved ones.

As to our enemies, who also claim your protection. Ignore their heathen prayers and grant them vexation and confusion on the battlefield. Add chaos to their planning and mass them before our guns so that they might properly feel the wrath of our God. Apportion them for foxes and grant American forces the victory they so righteously deserve.

Thy will be done

By PawPaw's House

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!