The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Debunking the Jerome Corsi Conspiracy Theory (Kookdum Alert)

As you might know, I spend some time trying to defeat assorted forms of kookdum that is trying to mask itself as conservative and Republican. One reason I do this is that it is dangerous. The second reason is it makes conservatives look like idiots to the the average joe.

Well Jerome Corsi is writing a new book all about how George Bush is secretly plotting to get make one North American Empire. That is that the US, Canada, and Mexico will all merge together. Well one can be against Nafta and other things but this is just nonsense. The supreme Court is not going to disappear one day and be replaced by some trialateral thing. However , if you are on the internet much no doubt you have heard of this Kookdum. I talk about it here and here just to name a few places. This rumor and conspiracy theory is getting quite out of hand. This is right up there with the theory that was rampant in the african american community that Kentucky Fried Chicken causes black men to go sterile. No, I am not kidding I heard that numerous times. Well, this is about absurd as that but this rumor is the "white conservative" version of the Kentucky Fried Chicken BS. At least that is who it is being marketed too. I expect it will make an appearance among the radical left, we see that protest Starbucks and cause vandelism and destruction. Gosh, it probally already has.

Anyway, while over at conservative cajun's blog I noticed a poster that had a blog from Jefferson County Oregon. Well this blog is called Born Again Redneck. I like his blog , but be warned it is a very aggresive pretty conservative smack you right in your face kinda of blog. I think perhaps I will add it. Plus, I like him. He is from South Africa and fought apartheid. Don't you hate when conservatives don't fit that easy cliche that so many want to put us in in. Anywho, he has a post here on debunking it , or at least the highway portion of it. The pdf file he references is here that debunks this highway conspiracy junk.

Anyway folks, it is called trade. I know several people on my blogroll don't like Nafta. But this stuff doesnt help anybody. Plus. for goodness sake looking at the demographics of Europe in 20 years ,we better start thinking of new markets and trade solutions if we want to fund our nation as well as our armies. If we want our same standard of living ,we must get aggresive on this trade thing. But anywho that is another post. Just remember Jerome Corsi = Kookdum

9 Comments:

Anonymous SallyVee said...

Thanks for the PDF. It is well organized and finally pulls a lot of the anti-conspiracy info into one convenient place. Previously, I've only seen it in bits and pieces.

What has happened to Corsi? Where does he find the time... is he not also about to release a book co-authored with Gilchrist the Minute Man Hate Monger. I betcha he turns up next on the Moon, documenting how there is no space station.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Spike said...

We have a lot more trouble in our ranks than anything coming from the other side. About time to fix our own potholes and stop blaming everything on MSM, Moonbats, and RINOS. It is clear who the real RINOs are. Tehy call themselves conservatives yet they hate GWB, the Republican party, and they seem to hate anything that isn't wonder bread and strip malls. IF these are conservatives, count me out.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Pondering American said...

So true Spike
This stuff is crazy and has got to be stopped before we become like the Crazy lefet at Daily Kos

8:19 PM  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Pondering, thanks for your kind words.

You say I am in Jefferson Parish but really I'm in southern Oregon which tried to secede in 1948 and form the "State of Jefferson." It is still a state of mind for many of us rural rednecks here. Conservative Cajun was kind enough to dub me an honorary Cajun probably because of my French middle name, Joubert.

Also my blog may seem "a very aggresive pretty conservative smack you right in your face kinda of blog" but I really am a lot more liberal on many issues than most conservatives. My aggression is aimed at "kookdum" as you call it and all sorts of hokum. Basically I just don't like liars and paranoid conspiracy nutters whether left or right. Thanks again.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Pondering American said...

patrick
oops lol
Lol sorry for the confusion. I still will probally add you in the future. I saw that middle name and it seemed like a deviation of a common French name in Louisiana. Plus Jefferson Parish is sometimes called the Free State of Jefferson by some locals too

10:46 PM  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

James, not a problem at all. Actually I have visited your blog before and found it enjoyable.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhhhh.....north american union


you're living in it smart guy

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Jim (JR) said...

Yo here!

Just thought one of your "liberal kooks" should chime in with his two cents, centavos, kopeks, or whatever the currency du-jour is.

Believe it or not, not every "liberal" swings from the trees by his tail, nor are we from the moon or mars. In fact, on the "liberal" scale of things, I guess I'm pretty damn "conservative". I guess my big issue is with all the labels.

What totally erks me about all this "liberal" and "conservative BS is that people get lumped together in one huge bucket.

IMHO - with regards to the far right and far left fringes, I tend to think of something Einstein said - if you go far enough in one direction, you will end up back where you came from! I am convinced that the far right and far left are so far to the right and left that they're virtually standing side-by-side!

Me, I don't necessarily believe in the "welfare state" bull, neither do I believe that if I don't vote for this or that guy, "I must not be saved!" I think more like Jubal Harshaw in Stranger in a Strange Land - "Give 'em their rights. Give 'em there clear rights as men and then leave 'em alone."

I believe that neither the government, nor the church, shoudl meddle in peoples affairs as much as they do.

And yes - I have friends that are totally absorbed by this conspiracy theory or that - and I just shake my head. To them, there's a Communist under every rock, and an evil plot behind every tree....

Sheesh!

Jim

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!