The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Anchoress � Abstinence leads to thought�and other things?

The Anchoress � Abstinence leads to thought�and other things?

I was doing my post on why I think partly the conservative blogsphere and related places are in such a sad state , when I came across this post by the Anchoress. I was looking for a particular thought she had on this issue that had struck me and noticed she that she had brought this post back and updated it. It has some great thoughts. It is about the Catholic Church and Sex but it is so much more. It is a good read besides that ,but it also has some very powerful writing about her brother in laws death. She really hits just one of the posts she wrote on it. It is all very powerful. Her thoughts, I go back to read at times to give my faith a much needed shot in the arm. It's is not only about death but it is about life. It is about great horror but grat great beauty too.It is also about having a glimpse of the other side that God's gives some.

Mainly it is about grace. Anyway, those writings still inspire me and give me confidence in my faith. So perhaps thats why I want to share it with you. In fact I encourage to read all her posts regarding "My brother s" So, I have the other post written. But I can delay that till late tomorrow morning. I think this is a nice change of pace and is in fact needed to remind us what is important. I think the Catholic Church gets way too slammed on this issue of Sex. It is slammed by people that never took 30 minutes to consider or even research its claims and its arguments. It is a good read as I said.

God Bless You Anchoress and I will Say aDecade of My Rosary tomorrow for your "brother" and your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!