The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Suspected Terrorist and RingLeader From Louisiana

Terrorists From Marksville Now I have Have Heard It All. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The more I am looking at this case the more it looks like these guys were well idiots. So it doesn't surprise me that the ringleader is from Marksville lol. Only kidding my cajun readers. For those interested Bunkie and Marksville is where the French Acadiana area of Louisiana starts. In a revealing and sad interview with his dad that is also a Baptist minister. The Baton Rouge Advocate reports in part:
"When the terrorist attacks flashed across the Rev. Narcisse Batiste’s television set five years ago, he quickly shut it off.
The images of innocent people suffering and dying were too much for the Bunkie Baptist pastor to bear. “I hope to God anybody who ever attempts to do this thing,” he remembers thinking at the time, “gets caught.”
On Friday, the gentle-spoken 72-year-old Batiste again turned on the television only to discover his own son — who mysteriously left the family farm shortly after 9-11 — may have hatched a similar plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Miami.
Batiste is the father of Narseal Batiste — one of five Americans and two others arrested by federal agents and accused of conspiring with al-Qaida to commit terrorist acts.
“I’m so upset over this,” said Narcisse Batiste, who was first interviewed in Bunkie on Friday evening by WBRZ, Channel 2. “I feel if I could reach I would give all of them a whoopin’. But I can’t reach.”
Narseal Batiste was born in Chicago and grew up moving back and forth between that city and Marksville — a town of about 5,600 residents, largely of French origin, just southeast of Alexandria. The Batiste family is Creole.
His father, Narcisse Batiste, was a bricklayer by trade, and would move the family to Chicago when he needed to make money. When they were “fed up with Illinois,” Narcisse Batiste said, they would move back to the “very peaceful” family farm in Marksville.
Narseal, his four brothers and one sister attended school in both places.
As a child, Narseal Batiste was “very obedient,” Narcisse Batiste said. “I guess he was scared of his mom and dad. He would sit between us, and we would tease him and say, ‘Tell us the truth. Who do you love better, your mom or your dad?’ He would always say, ‘I love mom and dad.’ We couldn’t catch him off guard.”
In high school, Narseal Batiste met Minerva Vasquez, and the two married shortly after graduating. They moved into the family home in Marksville, and had three boys and one girl. Narseal Batiste worked as a driver for UPS and as a bricklayer with his father building homes in Lafayette.
“I taught him that the world don’t owe us nothing and that we have to work and earn it,” Narcisse Batiste said. “I thought he had really learned that. This guy used to work with me, and I tell you, he could work. He’d carry brick and make mortar.”
Narcisse Batiste has been a minister for 30 years and is pastor of Marksville Morning Star Worship Center and an assistant pastor at Second Union Baptist Church in Bunkie.
He and his now-deceased wife saw to it that all of their children, including Narseal, were in Sunday school and worship service every Sunday. Said Narcisse Batiste: “My kids were brought up in a religious house.”
But several years ago, Narseal Batiste decided to convert to the Muslim faith. His father wasn’t happy.
“I counseled him. I asked him questions,” Narcisse Batiste said. “He said they were very active and teaching him the Holy Quran. He said, ‘Daddy, it’s strictly about God,’ so I backed off about that. I didn’t like it, but he wasn’t in my house. He was of age; he was married already. I didn’t have control no more. I didn’t fight with him about it. But I did tell him he shouldn’t change.”
At one point, Narcisse Batiste remembers, a curious man in a black robe with a black staff started hanging around his son frequently. Narseal told him the man was “one of the leaders.”


When terrorists attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in September 2001, Narseal Batiste seemed just as upset as his father.
“We talked about it,” Narcisse Batiste said. “I was saying I was very hurt about what happened; and the way he was reacting, he was sorry this happened, too.”
But not long after that, Narseal Batiste and his family disappeared from the Marksville home he had known most of his life.
He left behind all the furniture and most of their belongings. And he didn’t tell his father he was leaving.
Narcisse Batiste hasn’t heard from his son since.
“I didn’t know where they were. He left and he didn’t say nothing,” the pastor said. “I raised my children to keep in contact. I figured they were going to call me. But I didn’t hear nothing from nobody ’til I seen today on television.”
When Narcisse Batiste saw his son on the news, he said he thought, “I can’t believe. That’s not him. But I look and they say that is him. They said the pronunciation correctly, so I said, ‘That’s got to be him.’ When he left he didn’t have no beard.”
Narseal Batiste’s arrest comes less than a week after Narcisse Batiste’s stepson, Ronald Ray Johnson Jr., returned from fighting the war on terrorism in Iraq.
“He came back last Saturday,” Narcisse Batiste said. “We were rejoicing. I had the churches praying that the Lord would spare his life, and we thank God for sending him back in one piece.”
Two of Narseal Batiste’s brothers, Silton and Buford, also served as U.S. Marines
.


Good grief how sad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!