The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Say Hello to My Louisiana Friends on My Blogroll

First let me give a apology to Blogrolling. I sometimes come to work on a computer that is at a public library. I do this because their computers are so much faster and not as ancient as mine. Well it appears that their filtering service has become a tad hyperactive and for some reason is saying I can't access blogrolling or in fact see the links they put on other people blogs because its OBSCENE. Hopefully that problem will be corrected soon.

I am going to be adding some Louisiana bloggers to my list. I will probally be doing one Louisiana oriented at least every other day on my dear ole blog. There are some issues here that need National attention. Some of these bloggers I will be referencing and they are ones that I enjoy a good bit. Take some time to visit them, like me they do not talk about Louisiana topics all the time. I am also putting them up because of a problem I perceive. Louisiana my no means is perfect. We have our problems that is for sure. However, the Louisiana bashing and just pure ignorance from the MSM and other bloggers about isssues here is getting tedious. So I hope to be some window, into this State that so many don't seem to understand.

The first site is not really a blog, but is more of a Louisiana News Site in the tradition of the Drudge Report. That site is the The Dead Pelican. Like Drudge, its conservative leaning but is a pretty good roundup of the Louisiana News. Plus it is pretty entertaining.

The Conservative Cajun is a must read. He also shares a interest that this North Louisiana boy has also. That is the State and National crisis of Louisiana Coastal Erosion. I must tell you if there is one issue ,besides Tancredo, that gets me very upset it is this one. I hope to do a post after the holiday on this very important topic. He also has one the best damn link section of any Louisiana blogger.

Mostly Cajun is another great read. Plus it is not politics all the time with him. At times, the nation has no clue what this area of Southwest Louisiana is like. There are real people down there often producing your seafood, manning the oil rigs, etc. They took by the way a aweful hit during Hurrican Rita and it is not clear to me yet if they will fully recover. A story that has largely been missed nationwide.

I am going to put a liberal Louisiana blogger on my list. There will be a couple. I don't agree with his politics all the time but he is up to date on New Orleans News and gosh darn it loves that city and is fighting for it as much as I do. So if you have a chance, go visit Your Right Hand Thief He is not a bad guy at times once he gets past his anti George Bush mania.

Pawpaw's House is a blogger, I enjoy. I like him partly because he is North of I-10 and folks need to realize that we are Louisiana too. He talks politics, culture and about his kids too.

One other blog. This is called Ernie the Attorney. His blog at time is a tad left I suppose. But, he is insightful on New Orleans issues. Plus as someone that was formally in the legal field I enjoy him.

Well that is it for now. More Louisiana Bloggers will be added on another post. I am trying to stick by my rule of slowing intoducing my blogroll.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Thanks for the plug. I'm going to add you to Team Louisiana.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!