The Pondering AmericanPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An average American that has some thoughts on politics, culture, and society with a conservative and Catholic twist.

Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States
Email me!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Looking Around

Last night I was commanded by friends to get my butt off my blog and come to the big city to spend some time with them. They did not have to drag me kicking and screaming. I have returned. I do notice my links have still not returned on the side. I notice other bloggers that use blogrolling are having the same problem. But its free so I cannot complain. So I thought I do a quick round up of what some people on my blogroll are saying.

Many bloggers have been talking about the Supreme Court and their recent decision on Gitmo and military tribunals. Most have some good links and discussion on the matter. I am going to read the Court's decision myself. I am probally one of the few conservative bloggers that thought there was some slight overreaching by the Executive here. However, I will comment on that later.

I suggest first going to to Big Lizardsand his post on the recent proof of Iranian shennigans in Iraq. I hate to call them shennigans because what they are doing is pure evil.

AJ is talking about the Cannon race and pleading for fellow conservatives to recognize some realities. His comment section is pretty good and again show that
De nial is not just a river in Egypt to some. He writes in part:
The right is clearly not burning with a desire to deport or push people here out to make a living. They are not dying to see a series of Elian Gonzales stories every night for a decade while the US wastes time finding simple people raising a family and dumping them across our borders. And more importantly, the people know the problem is less about wage pressure and all about the fact illegal immigration is the perfect avenue and hide-out for terrorists trying to reach our shores to kill us en masse.
Amen. The spin that says otherwise must be fought

Pink Flamingo is talking a lot of sense as always in her post from yesterday. She mentions the racist not conservative- Council of
Conservative Citizens. By the way, they had their big protest last night against John McCain that was in South Carolina Raising money for that State's party. I will trove the papers today and see if any GOP politicos showed up as they promised they would. If they were there they will be exposed. This kookdum is about to be exposed from the right and I hope all conservative bloggers help me in doing that.

The Anchoress has an exceptionally good post. She has been Talking about some very interesting topics these days and not all political.

I am going to update you on what some of the political 08 hopefuls are doing later on. On that topic a Tancredo fan emailed me a few days ago. He noticed that I said, I would put up any Catholics for (insert 08 hopeful), and wondered if a Catholics for Tancredo site came into existence would I put one up on my links. The answer to be blunt is HELL NO. But please come again and your suggestions are always welcomed.

Speaking of Catholics in the Public Square. Their blog has been interesting and keeps us up to date as usual. They have a post up on future House votes on issues relating to cloning and abortion.

3 Comments:

Anonymous SallyVee said...

HELL NO. But please come again and your suggestions are always welcomed.

Laughing my buns off! You must be a BellSouth customer service rep in your spare time : )

3:39 PM  
Blogger Pondering American said...

We shall be a no tancredo zone in the blogroll department lol.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!